Dr. Dong Xia
Post-Doctoral Research Associate
(Primary supervisor: Prof. Jonathan Wastling)Email - email@example.com
Telephone - +44 (0)151 795 0236
Department of Infection Biology, Institute of Infection and Global Health, Faculty of Health & Life Sciences, University of Liverpool
- Quantitative proteomics of host-parasite interactions
- Correlation of transcriptomes and proteomes
- Development of informatics tools for exploiting proteomic data
I am currently working on the proteomics part of the project “A Comprehensive Catalog of Toxoplasma gondii and Neospora caninum Parasite and Infected Host Cell Transcriptomes and Proteomes”, which is funded by National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) USA. In collaboration with Brian Gregory group in Univ. Pennsylvania, a comprehensive, quantitative catalogue of RNA and protein species will be generated simultaneously from both parasites and infected host cells. This study will permit direct comparison of transcript and protein abundance as well as parallel interrogation of host and pathogen responses. Based on the data generated, novel data visualization and query methodologies will also be developed in collaboration with EuPathDB bioinformatics resource centre.
- Integrated transcriptomic and proteomic analysis of the global response of Wolbachia to doxycycline-induced stress. Darby AC, Christina Gill A, Armstrong SD, Hartley CS, Xia D, Wastling JM, Makepeace BL. The ISME Journal. 2013, doi:10.1038/ismej.2013.192
- Identification of differentially expressed proteins in sulfadiazine resistant and sensitive strains of Toxoplasma gondii using difference-gel electrophoresis (DIGE). Doliwa C, Xia D, Escotte-Binet S, Newsham EL, Sanderson SJ, Aubert D, Randle N, Wastling JM Villena I Int J Parasitol Drugs Drug Resist. 2013, 3 (2013), 35–44.
- Proteome analysis of the Theileria annulata schizont. Witschi M, Xia D*, Sanderson SJ, Baumgartner M, Wastling JM, Dobbelaere DAE Parasitology. 2012, 139(9):1103-1118.
- Parasites, proteomes and systems: has Descartes' clock run out of time? Wastling JM, Armstrong SD, Krishna R, Xia D Parasitology. 2012, 139(9):1103-1118.
- Software for analysing ion mobility mass spectrometry data to improve peptide identification. Xia, D., Ghali, F., Gaskell, S. J., O'Cualain, R., Sims, P. F., Jones, A. R. Proteomics. 2012 May 23. doi: 10.1002/pmic.201200029.
- A Software Toolkit and Interface for Performing Stable Isotope Labeling and Top3 Quantification Using Progenesis LC-MS. Qi D, Brownridge P, Xia D, Mackay K, Gonzalez-Galarza FF, Kenyani J, Harman V, Beynon RJ, Jones AR OMICS. 2012 16(9):489-495.
- Identification of novel proteins in Neospora caninum using an organelle purification and monoclonal antibody approach. Sohn CS, Cheng TT, Drummond ML, Peng ED, Vermont SJ, Xia D, Cheng SJ, Wastling JM, Bradley PJ. PLoS One. 2011, 6(4):e18383.
- Identification of phosphorylated proteins in erythrocytes infected by the human malaria parasite Plasmodium falciparum. Wu Y, Nelson MM, Quaile A, Xia D, Wastling JM, Craig A. Malar J. 2009, 8:105.
- Proteomes and transcriptomes of the Apicomplexa - Where's the message? Wastling, J.M., Xia, D., Sohal, A., Chaussepied, M., Pain, A., Langsley, G. Int J Parasitol. 2009 Jan;39(2):135-43.
- The proteome of Toxoplasma gondii: integration with the genome provides novel insights into gene expression and annotation. Xia, D., Sanderson, S.J., Jones, A.R., Prieto, J.H., Yates, J.R., Bromley, E., Tomley, F.M., Lal, K., Sinden, R.E., Brunk, B.P., Roos, D.S., Wastling, J.M. Genome Biol. 2008, 9:R116
- Determining the protein repertoire of Cryptosporidium parvum sporozoites. Sanderson, S.J., Xia, D., Prieto, H., Yates, J., Heiges, M., Kissinger, J.C., Bromley, E., Lal, K., Sinden, R.E., Tomley, F., Wastling, J.M. Proteomics 2008 8, 1398-1414.
* co-first author