Leverhulme Research Centre for Functional Materials Design
Materials Innovation Factory, University of Liverpool
51 Oxford Street, Liverpool, L7 3NY, UK
(✉ Name dot Surname at liverpool.ac.uk)
I am currently a postdoctoral research associate in the group of Prof.
A. I. Cooper
and my research involves developing machine learning theory and algorithms for new materials design.
- Machine learning
- Combinatorial data analysis
- Mathematical modelling and optimisation
- Chemical and materials sciences
- Text mining
- P. Fraccaro, X. Evangelopoulos and B. Edwards, "Development and preliminary evaluation of a method for passive, privacy-aware home care monitoring based on 2D LiDAR data", Int. Conf. On Artificial Intelligence in Medicine (AIME), 2020.
- X. Evangelopoulos, A. J. Brockmeier, T. Mu and J. Y. Goulermas, "Circular object arrangement using spherical embeddings", Pattern Recognition, Elsevier, 2020.
- X. Evangelopoulos, A. J. Brockmeier, T. Mu and J. Y. Goulermas, "Continuation methods for approximate large scale object sequencing", Machine Learning, Springer, 2018. (*selected by the University of Manchester for the 7th edition of world leading papers In-Abstract online series)
- X. Evangelopoulos, A. J. Brockmeier, T. Mu, and J. Y. Goulermas, "A graduated non-convexity relaxation for large scale seriation", SIAM Int. Conf. on Data Mining (SDM), 2017.
- X. Evangelopoulos and C. Makris, "Modeling clicks using document popularity", ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC), 2016.
- X. Evangelopoulos, V. Giannakouris-Salalidis, L. Iliadis, C. Makris, Y. Plegas, A. Plerou, and S. Sioutas, "Evaluating Information Retrieval using Document Popularity: An implementation on MapReduce", Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence (EAAI), Elsevier, 2016.
- X. Evangelopoulos, C. Makris and Y. Plegas, "Reciprocal Rank using Web Page Popularity", Int. Conf. on Artificial Intelligence Applications and Innovations (AIAI), 2014.
- PhD in Computer Science (thesis title: Combinatorial optimisation algorithms for data sequencing, supervisor: Prof. Yannis Goulermas), University of Liverpool, UK, 2020.
- MSc in Computer Science, University of Patras, Greece, 2015.
- MEng in Computer Engineering, University of Patras, Greece, 2013.